$4,299.00 – $5,299.00 inc GST
The Fenech Traditional Series provides the perfect balance of understated aesthetics and timeless tone. Steeped in tradition, our focus for this series was always going to be closely linked to one the most popular steel-string acoustic guitar body shapes in the world, the 14-fret dreadnought. Introduced in 1916, the dreadnought was built as an alternative to the much smaller guitars at the time and was named after a 1906 British warship the HMS Dreadnought because of its size.
Fast forward 100years building on the knowledge of all those guitars that have come before us, our mission was to improve tone, playability, and aesthetics to bring a new tonal clarity and depth to the design. We have been able to achieve this by utilising our modernised D-78 dreadnought body shape, our advancements in soundboard bracing and material selection.
Key to the success of this series was our ability to be the first in Australia to legally source genuine Mahogany (Swietenia Macrophylla) from sustainable resources. When paired with high quality Sitka Spruce for a soundboard, Mahogany is renowned for producing a guitar with spades of low-end power, a sweet throaty midrange and brilliant trebles. In addition we also offer the classic combination of East Indian Rosewood and Sitka Spruce which extends the tonal profile from clear trebles all the way through to bold basses with a slightly scooped mid-range.
The Tonewood selection for this Series includes:
- Top – AAA Sitka Spruce
- Back & Sides – AAA Genuine Mahogany or AAA Indian Rosewood
Key Features in this series:
- AA SOLID TIMBER: Back, sides & soundboard (individually optimised)
- FINISH: Traditional Tint on back, sides & neck (on Genuine Mahogany only)
- SATIN: Super satin finish (ultra thin, completely pore filled)
- OR GLOSS: Full Gloss with satin neck
- BACK STRIP: and Solid timber end graft & ABS bindings
- EBONY: Fingerboard and bridge, Pearloid custom ring inlays, Undercut fret ends
- INLAID HEADPLATE: Fenech headstock logo & wave motif
- ONE-PIECE NECK: NG Rosewood neck with volute, Premium Gotoh chrome machine heads
- ACOUSTIC PICKUP: Fenech A1G sound hole mounted acoustic pickup
- TUSQ ®: Tusq nut, saddle and bridge pins
- THE TRADITIONAL SERIES COME STANDARD WITHOUT A PICKGUARD
- ALL PICTURES SHOWN ARE FOR ILLUSTRATION PURPOSE ONLY. ALL GUITARS ARE BUILT TO ORDER. ACTUAL PRODUCT WILL VARY DUE TO NATURAL VARIATION IN TIMBER COLOUR AND FIGURE.
D75 MODEL SPECIFICATIONS
GOOD FIT FOR
- All round great strummer
- Flat pickers to strummers with a strong attack
- Recording and live performance
- Singer-songwriters seeking a bigger bolder tone with increased note separation.
- Overall: 412mm x 513mm
- Upper Bout: 293mm
- Lower Bout: 412mm
- Body Depth: 100mm (neck)
- Body Depth: 120mm
- Scale Length: 24.75″
- Radius: 15″
- Number of frets: 20
- Nut width: 45mm
- Nut & Saddle: Tusq
- Tuners: Gotoh
- Tabaco burst and vintage tint to the back and sides
- Gloss Finish with Satin Neck